Hospice West Parry Sound visiting volunteers are part of an overall end-of-life plan. Your loved one can be matched one-on-one with a trained volunteer who has successfully completed a 30 hour palliative training course and submitted to a rigorous screening process. Our Hospice volunteers become integral and valued members of your health care team. Visit our "What We Offer" page for more services.
Refer an Individual and Request an Assessment
Contact our office to learn more about how to access our services. Anyone, including a medical professional, family member or caregiver, can refer an individual for an assessment.
Hospice Grief and Bereavement Walking Group
If you are interested in joining this group please contact our office. Walking and talking can be the answer to helping you work through your grief journey.
NEW THIS MONTH
BEREAVEMENT WALKING GROUP
Every Friday from 12:00pm-1:00pm
September 30, 2016
Hospice West Parry Sound now accepts donations through PayPal and direct credit card.
NOTE: Please use the "Additional Information" field on the PayPal page to indicate whether your donation is "in memory of (name)", or "Supporting (the fundraising event name)", so that we can advise the family of your kindness.
Become a Volunteer
Hospice West Parry Sound is in need of volunteers. If you are interested in joining us please submit a volunteer application for consideration. Click on "Get Involved", then "Become a Hospice Volunteer" links and download the application.
How Can I Help?
- Make Hospice West Parry Sound your charity of choice
- Help with fundraising events and build public awareness
- Provide administrative support
- Serve on board or committees
- Make a donation - income tax receipts are issued for donations of $25 and over
- Quilts: Do you have a new or gently used quilt that you no longer use? We are accepting small quilts, lap to twin bed size, for our palliative clients.